meta data for this page
Rice Cookies - Improv in Munich
We are a group of improv-enthusiasts meeting every week to improve our interpersonal skills like positive thinking, empathy, active listening, say yes to other people, cope with our mistakes, and hone our collaboration skills by playing improv games. We are coming from all over the world and we see the beauty in sharing our knowledge and skills with others.
Our workshops are open to beginners and experienced improvisers. Whether you are an amateur looking to try something new, an advanced player looking to hone your craft, or a student looking to meet new friends, we are waiting for you!
We are open to new members. To come to our next open jam, please join Rice Cookies - Improvtheater in Munich
On this calendar, you will find the list of our next open jams, workshops, and improv shows in Munich and online.
|Max + others
How do our meetups look like?
You don't need any acting/stage experience to join us. There will be a long and very fun warm-up at the beginning of the workshop, that will get us in the mood for the main part which is consisted of various games and scenes that will improve our verbal skills (storytelling, character development, supporting your partner, coming up with ideas and offers…) and non-verbal skills (working with objects and environment, expressing emotions and attitudes with our bodies, showing empathy). The end of the workshop is reserved for memory circle, one of our favorite parts of the workshop where we remind ourselves of various moments during the workshop.
We keep the energy high all the way long, laugh about our unreal scenes, and get reloaded with positive energy. Afterwards we go out together because we are a community.
Most of our workshops are in English and you only need enough English to understand the instructions. Even if English is not your strong point – no worries – body language is equally important. :)
And the cost is...?
To pay for the rooms where workshops are being held and for Meetup’s fees, we ask for a contribution of 5 EUR for a workshop. However, if you want to come regularly, for only 20 EUR you can attend a whole calendar month, which means: up to three times per week (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday). If you are a student, unemployed, or can't contribute, let us know.
How to contribute
Thanks you for helping us keep this community running
Please send your contribution to this bank account:
Account holder: Georgi Chulkov
BIC / Swift: NTSBDEB1XXX
Bank name: N26
Paypal at ricecookies.org
If you want to support us with every cent, please select Send money to family and friends and we won't pay for the merchant insurance.
At the end of the month we will post the list of received contributions on the meetup and whatsapp groups. There you can check that your contribution was correctly logged.
Rice Cookies Improv Meetups: Please use the password ricecookie with your cellphone to join. If you want to get our “live location”, last-minute information about the practice room or park or know about the topic of the workshop. To prevent spam, only moderators can post on this group
Improv-Enthusiasts in Munich: Please use the password ricecookie with your cellphone to join. For Improv-Events in this city and going out with us after the meetup or at night on Saturdays, posting photos and videos. Everyone can post here
What are the Rice Cookies? - Our Vision
We are an open social improv group and community based in Munich
Breaking it down:
- Open: we want to be open to everyone, inclusive and tolerant of different cultures, religions, social backgrounds, and personalities. Everyone, with or without experience in improv, is welcome!
- Social1): we want to spend time together, create a “family” feeling of belonging, build friendships and have fun together, even outside improv
- Improv: we want to use improv-theater to develop our personal skills and have fun
- Group: we are a group, we practice improv together and we go on stage to perform together
- Community: we are a community, we socialize together outside of improv, we encourage experimentation, we learn from each other. We help people form small improv groups either for one-off projects or more permanently
- Passion: We are committed in heart and mind about doing and teaching improv-theater to connect with other people and improve our life
- Inclusiveness: We respect all cultures, religions, political ideas, social backgrounds, sexual orientations, and kinks. We celebrate the diversity of the whole of humankind. We know that people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds enrich our workshops, scenes, and shows
- Openness: Beginners and travelers are welcome. On stage, they get support from our experienced improvisers and our warm-ups are specially designed for beginners to get the required soft skills for the stage work. Each person has his own learning speed: Only those who feel comfortable in front of other people go on stage. Last but not least, we are open to travelers just visiting Munich for a couple of days and anyone who can't join our workshops regularly due to work stress or family obligations
- Collaboration: We leverage our collective genius helping each other on stage and outside it. We moderate workshops, organize special training, trips to improv-festivals, and visits to karaokes together as a self-organizing community. Furthermore, we train new moderators and share our different views on theater
- Courage: We are ready to push ourselves outside our comfort zone to learn new interpersonal skills
- Playfulness: As adults, we have fun in a healthy way though improv-theater games
Frequently asked questions - F.A.Q
Our next shows
<html> <iframe width=“720” height=“405” src=“https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/wr37LVWC07k” frameborder=“0” allow=“accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe> </html>
Why is Improv-Theater our passion?
Improvisational theater is different from any other hobby because:
- failure is allowed and promoted. You aren’t at the university and you don't get a bad grade if you make a mistake
- you need to think positive and accept the ideas of the others
- you need to cooperate. Competition destroys your scenes.
- you have to develop empathy and listen actively to understand what the other ones are feeling (or trying to express)
After some months of improv, you will develop a toolbox of skills to scope with unexpected situations on stage, at work, and in your everyday life.
Other improv-theater groups in Munich
If you prefer to do improv-theatre on another day or in German, there are some other groups in Munich which you can spontaneously join.